We appreciate your support and your desire to help AVER see its missions to fruition!
AVER uses PayPal for online transactions. PayPal (FDIC) does not charge any flat monthly fees. This saves us greatly on overhead costs. You do not need a PayPal account of your own to send us a gift through PayPal.
Our way of saying THANK YOU! for donating to AVER…
The Crow’s Nest
- Grunt – Ask any Marine who really holds the U.S. military together, and he’ll tell you “the grunts.” Anyone who contributes at a Grunt level will receive a special listing in each issue of the AVER National newsletter, the Forward Observer.
- Flight Line – The skilled Air Force technicians who work on the flight line hold the lives of fighter pilots in their hands. Those who join the AVER Flight Line at $150 a year are committed to giving the organization a real “lift-off,” and will receive a special listing in the Forward Observer as well as a special lapel pin.
- Essayons – Since the war of 1812, the uniforms worn by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers have featured a special castle emblem and the inscription “Essayons.” The word “Essayons,” French for “we shall try,” represents the spirit of combat engineers. AVER’s Essayons will receive special listing in the Forward Observer, a special lapel pin, and a free ticket to the annual Military Ball during the year in which you are an Essayon (transportation, accommodations, and other AVER Convention registration fees not included).
- Plank Owner – According to Naval tradition, a “plank owner” is an individual who was a member of the crew of a ship when that ship was placed in commission, and who is often issued a “plank owner certificate” by the ship. In AVER, the term Plank Owner is reserved for those select few who are willing to make a serious commitment to establishing AVER as the premier organization in the country for GLBT military veterans. Plank Owners will receive special listing in the Forward Observer, a special lapel pin, a Plank Owners’ certificate, and free admission to the AVER National Convention during the year in which you are a Plank Owner (does not include transportation or accommodations).
AVCOM One – AVER’s Command Level Supporters
- One Star – We’re providing you the flag rank, veterans choose your service. For this you’ll received a framed certificate acknowledging your generous donation, a special mention for a full year in each issue of the Forward Observer, AVER’s national newsletter and a quarter-page ad. Also included is a lapel pin and free admission to the national convention following your pledge your flag rank commitment. This includes admission to an invitation-only VIP party prior to the Military Ball — a chance to meet with the Executive Board and other honored guests (does not include transportation or accommodations).
- Two Star – As with the one star rank, you get to choose your service. For this privilege, your generous donation entitles you to a framed certificate, special mention in the Forward Observer for a full year, including a half page black&white ad, a lapel pin, and free admission to the national convention following your pledge. As with the one-star level, this also includes an invitation to the VIP reception (does not include transportation or accommodations).
- Three Star – For this very generous pledge, you shall receive all of the rewards mentioned above, with a few exceptions. Along with the mention in the Forward Observer for a full year, you’ll also receive a full page color ad. In addition to free admission to the following national convention and Military Ball VIP party, you’ll also enjoy a reserved seat at the honor table — the “Captain’s Mess.” (does not include transportation or accommodations).